This simple tray with 3 materials on it is how I introduced my daughter, who was about 15 months at the time, to scrubbing and polishing. So easy to put together with common things around the home, it could easily be a FREE activity.
What You’ll Need:
- A plastic tray (Dollar Tree for basic, if you want something nicer look here)
- A sponge
- A shoe polishing cloth or mit (We have a stack of them from hotels we have visited)
- A facial brush (the perfect sized scrubber for little hands) – Dollar Tree Link
- Cut the sponge in half, place on the tray
- Remove the shoe cloth/mit from any packaging and fold nicely on the tray next to the sponge
- Remove the facial brush from any packaging and lay neatly next to the shoe cloth/mit
- Present on shelf
- If needed, demonstrate how to use these items on various surfaces around the house
- You can also add a squirt or spray bottle of water to the tray if your child has the fine motor skills to use.