Are you looking for a basic food preparation activity for your child that doesn’t require much prep work? If so, slicing hard boiled eggs is the perfect choice. All you need is a couple hard boiled eggs, two bowls, a plate and an egg slicer and you’re ready to go.
How do I set it up?
- Hard boil 4 eggs. Boil them a little longer than usual – it makes them extra firm and easier to work with.
- Set out two boils. One bowl for the eggs and one for the shells.
- Set out the egg slicer.
- Set out a plate.
What should I demonstrate to my child?
- Show your child how to apply pressure to the hard boiled egg to crack it.
- Show your child how to remove the shell pieces.
- Show your child how to open the egg slicer and place the egg inside.
- Show your child how to close the egg slicer.
- Show them how to pick up the sliced egg and move it to the plate.
After this brief demonstration they should be able to slice eggs on their own from start to finish.