What You’ll Need:
- One Red Amac Box from The Container Store, $1.59 *(The Size is 2-5/16″ x 4-3/16″, there are multiple sizes to choose from)
- One Green Amac Box from The Container Store, $1.59 *(The Size is 2-5/16″ x 4-3/16″, there are multiple sizes to choose from)
- Craft materials from around the house, you don’t need to buy anything new.
- Examples: Pom poms, felt cut outs, tassels, colored popsicle sticks, beads, printed shapes, construction paper cut outs, etc.
- A basket or bowl
- A Tray (Here’s the one in the photos – Link – $6.99 @ Target)
- Set the green and red Amac Boxes on the tray.
- Remove the lids from the Amac Boxes and put them in storage if this activity is being presented to toddlers, they are simply too hard for them to take off by themselves.
- Place the craft materials into the basket or bowl and set on tray.
- Present on shelf
- Present the work to your child.
- Demonstrate properly carrying this work to the rug or table.
- For older children, demonstrate removing the lids of the Amac Boxes. For toddlers, do not present this activity with the lids on (I just keep them in storage).
- Starting with red, begin withdrawing red items from the basket and placing them in the red Amac Box until all the red items are removed from the basket. Do the same for the green box.
- Once all items are matched with their proper Amac Box, do a visual check. Afterwards, pour the Amac Boxes back into the basket or bowl.
- Demonstrate properly returning this activity to the shelf.